Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Mail...Mail...Mail...

I've been constantly checking my mailbox for past three days and would be upset if I didn't see anything in my mailbox. I'm waiting for letters from three universities w/ two different reasons. I want to know whether I am accepted at the Univ of Chicago or not, and this applies to my application at the Washington Univ, too. I also wait for my scholarship letter from the Univ of Pittsburgh to ensure that I heard the news correctly.

I was excited to see a USPS car outside my apartment building, but was dissapointed when I didn't see a letter from any universities. I got something, but it had nothing to do w/ universities. People may think that Univ of Pittsburgh gives me quick response, but it's actually not. My application was marked as "early consideration" w/ Jan 1 as the due date, and I really wanted to go to Univ of Pittsburgh at that time, so I rushed my references to catch the dateline. It took about two weeks for them to evaluate my essay, transcript, and resume, but it took a longer time to decide whether you are eligible for scholarship or not.

On the other hand, other universities like Univ of Chicago and Washington, take nearly 7-8 weeks to evaluate everything, but they will give you both the acceptance and scholarship notifications at the same time. At the end, the wait-time for Univ of Pittsburgh is about the same w/ the wait-time for other universities. I guess I'll wait and keep checking my mailbox...

@_@

No comments: