Saturday, February 23, 2008

I've got a mail!

^_^ finally, the mail I've been waiting for a week arrived in my mailbox yesterday.
It's from the University of Pittsburgh, and it's all about scholarship stuff. They give me a scholarship plus stipend w/ a condition that I have to maintain at least 3.00 GPA by the end of academic year, earn at least B for required courses and S for field placement, and take at least 15 credits per semester. If I can maintain all of those conditions, they will keep my scholarship and stipend for another year.

I am satisfied w/ the amount of money they give it to me, but I am a little bit nervous w/ the requirements. I know my abilities well, but I am still scared because this time, I talk about graduate program, not undergraduate. The school itself is a reputable university, and their social work program was listed on the "US News,World& Report" top graduate schools. @_@ I couldn't sleep last night because of that mixed feelings, despite the fact that I wanted to sleep so badly. :(

Today, I work morning, during super chores,so I should be at home by 1:30pm. I am tempted to take the whole day off, but I dropped my thought. I'll back to Pittsburgh on April, and I probably will take 3 days off in a row,so I want to make sure that I have plenty workload hours to cover those 3 absent days.

Did I tell you that I had trainings, two days in a row from 9-4pm and went to work until 11pm? The training was about de-escalation, restraint, and healthy positive relationships. Yesterday, we learned how to restraint people in the safe and appropriate ways. The funny part was I asked the instructor what happened if I have issues w/ touching. It's okay if people touch my shoulder and elbow, but I'll shock or feel not comfortable when they touch my hip. The instructor said I had to do it because I had to pass the practice exam for my certification. :(
Luckily, I had two co-workers attended the training w/ me, so I practiced w/ them.
I'll miss all trainings when I leave my job by the end of April... They offered good trainings, and these trainings benefited me.

I've got to get ready for work,,,
Thanks and Happy Saturday!

p.s. my roommate is kind of excited today because we may go somewhere for fun. Her best friend is out of town, and she has nothing to do. Fortunately, I take half-day off, so we can do something. If time allows, I'll stop by at my girl friend's apartment this evening. I'll surprise her. :)

No comments: