Tuesday, February 12, 2008

After Trips-

Hello again!

My four days getaways ended this morning at Des Moines Intl Airport. I woke up at 4 am to get ready for my 6 am flight. The bad thing is that tomorrow is my turn to work until 11pm T_T, and I'm not happy about that.

How should I say about my getaways?
I enjoyed my adventurous trips to Pittsburgh and Chicago, even though my first flight on Friday (12/8) was delayed which led me to miss the next flight, and I finally had to reschedule my interview. I was supposed to be there by 2 pm, but I ended up having my interview at 4:15pm. The interview lasted for 1.5 hrs, and I went to hotel right away, which took another 40 minutes.

Pittsburgh has a lot of (very) old Victorian style buildings w/ mountainous landscape. The easy way to picturize Pittsburgh in your mind is by combining San Francisco and Rome (or other related European countries). Oakland is known as the university area, and the university buildings are scattered accross the area. CMU(Carnegie Mellon Univ) is in Oakland, too. They have pretty good public transportation, so I am happy about that. By the way, I almost lost in downtown because I couldn't find the right bus stop to go back to Oakland.

I kept asking myself what I really want throughout my stay in Pittsburgh. My interview w/ Hyatt Regency went pretty well, and they'd already known about my status. However, I don't think they know that my OPT will last soon :P.
The director asked if I liked Pittsburgh or not, and I couldn't answer it because I have never been to Pittsburgh before. He told me that he wanted to make sure that I had perfect balance between work and personal life. Hahaha... funny.

Let's move to Chicago part..
Special thanks to my college friends because I could stay in their apartment for 2 nights. The univ of Chicago is located on down south of Chicago, while their apartment is on north side. :)
I only visited the School of Social Service building due to cold weather. The architecture of the buildings is similar to the one here at ISU. This time, I got the opportunity to sit in the class for 1.5 hrs, a plus experience, I guess. The sad thing is that I won't get the result until early March. It takes 6-8wks for them to evaluate my statement and everything, while the Univ of Pittsburgh only takes 1 week to evaluate my statement. Moreover, I need to turn in the deposit fee for Pittsburgh by the end of this week, and I haven't done it..

I really don't know which school I should go. Both of them are good universities. I have friends in Chicago, so I should be okay if I move there. On the other hand, I don't know anyone in Pittsburgh, so I have to move and do everything by myself. My roommate suggests me to move to Pittsburgh after I shared my stories and showed her couple maps and brochures.

OOh...
I don't know what I should do..

No comments: