Wednesday, February 13, 2008

@_@

We lose reliance on our own wills and learn to behave in ways that are perhaps foreign to our wild selves, but we get the hand of the living God who promises never to burden us w/ any weight we cannot handle. (Steve Givens)

I've been reading "Living Faith" for almost a year as a way to keep my sanity. It is kind of a reflection book, in which every reading is connected to the Bible. I was stressed out w/ job hunting and family issue after my graduation until I didn't know what I was supposed to do. Everything seemed to be wrong, and I ended up crying almost every night.
At the end, I realize that studying in the United States makes me closer to God.

So, what's the point I mention all of those stories?
I need an answer, but I can't find it. I am afraid to make a decision because I am afraid that I will fail again. I am standing in intersection with "school" on my left side and "work" on my right side. I have to choose which universities I will go, and I can't deny that I wonder how my interview w/ Hyatt goes. It is true that I want to keep working w/ children, youths, and family, but I also want to know whether I pass the interview or not.
The dateline for Univ of Pittsburgh is Friday (Feb 16), and they will drop my application if I don't pay the deposit fee. I won't get the scholarship notification until next week. On the other hand, the univ of Chicago won't announce both the acceptance and scholarship notifications until early March. My time is ticking, and I need to move on and think fast.
Another consideration is that I am responsible to every action I make. It involves money in some way, and I want to ensure that I use my money wisely.

I finally sent the acceptance form w/ the deposit check to Univ of Pittsburgh before I went to staff meeting this morning. I will just figure out later, if I decide to go for something else.

No comments: