Monday, July 9, 2007

My First Visit at Univ Child Care Vet Med.

I had an interview at Univ Child Care Vet Med this morning, and that was the first time I went to this facility.

I was greeted by Amy (one of the interviewers), while Molly was busy looking for forms that I would need to fill out. She passed three forms and asked me to complete all of them before she and Amy conducted the interview. I assumed both of them were either a supervisor or program coordinator in this child care.

I applied for a teacher position at Univ Child Care Vet Med, and I actually was a little bit surprised when Molly said that I would work with toddlers. She said that there would be 4 teachers (3 full-time and 1 part-time) for toddler class. I forgot the number of students in each class, but it would be around 15-20 toddlers.

Some of the questions were tricky, and I did my best to answer those questions. I understand that I have limited experience in teaching toddlers because most of my experience is dealing with adolescents and high school students. However, I stated to them the reasons I applied for this position so that they wouldn't get confused with my previous background.

Switching career field from Hotel Restaurant Management to Child Family Services was challenging and somehow difficult to explain. I asked her if she had any concerns regarding my qualifications, but she said nothing. Indeed,I found out that I was the first applicant that went to the interview. She said that she would interview more applicants during this week, so I could expect the result by next week.
I went to short interview with the Bright Horizon's recruitment coordinator on Friday, before I met Molly and Amy this morning.

I asked Molly if I could take a look the classrooms, and she gave me a short tour before I left the facility. I guess I fall in love with this place, and at the same time, I am afraid that I'll be upset if they don't select me for the teacher position. I wonder what Molly and AMy think about me, but I cannot get the answers from them. I guess I'll have to wait until next week to find out the result.

I'll have one more interview at another child care facility tomorrow afternoon. This child care is located on Univ. Village. I have been there once, and it won't be difficult to find the place. I hope that I'll have a fabulous time at Univ Village's child care tomorrow afternoon.

thanks.

-W-

No comments: