Tuesday, July 3, 2007

I *************

Have I told you what PRN means? I believe it is a Latin word, but "PRN" means "as needed." Thus, I am obliged to work when:
1. the shelter needs additional staff
2. Full-time staff cannot make their shifts due to illness, vacation, and etc.

Saturday and Sunday (8-1pm) are the days when I have to work (for sure), but I normally work in the afternoon on Sunday around 1 pm.

My night manager called me this morning to ask if I could work from 1-6 PM for her.
She was supposed to cover someone else's shift, but she decided that she didn't want to do it because she had to work again tonight. Sometimes,I don't understand with them, but it happens at shelter.

4th of July
I wish I could watch the parade this morning, but I ended up staying with my kids at shelter. Some of them either did not want or were not allowed to participate in the parade. Thus, these kids were sent back to shelter after had a pancake breakfast. One intern came VERY early because he didn't have anything to do at home, so he decided to come 5 hrs early from his regular schedule. Isn't he amazing?

Three older boys chatted with the intern, while I made an ornament with two younger boys. (I don't know what the name of this ornament.. I'll check it on Saturday and let you know the exact name of this thing..)The older boys talked about movies such as, Saw 3, Hostel 2, Transformer, and Spiderman 3, and other funny stuff.

Lunch time+ free time
Girls had pizzas for their lunch, while boys did bbq with staff at porch. I was glad that they did not make any trouble during this period of time. Some kids showed their talents (dancing, singing, and acting) to us, and I was hoping that I could take their pictures. I suddenly forgot all the bad things they did when I was watching their short performance. I believe that these kids and youths are not that bad. It is the environment that makes them break the rules, and I am sure some staff agree with me. :)

Anyway, I made my day at shelter. Thanks God!

Happy 4th of July!

No comments: