Thursday, July 12, 2007

Black Forest Cake....

I made a black forest cake yesterday morning. The cake tasted a little bit bitter due to I read the recipe incorrectly. :P Fortunately, it tastes better when I put cherry filling between the layers and on the top of the cake. I recommended my friends to eat it with vanilla ice cream.

I also noticed that the cake was not moist,but this one was not my fault. I will try another recipe to check if I can get a better one. :)

So, that was my morning activity, then I went to change my address at post office and banks. I don't mind to move from one place to another, but I don't like to change my address frequently. I am afraid that I will lose my important mails such as, bank statements, letters from my workplace, and etc when I change my mailing address. Since I'll not stay in my new apartment until Aug 6, I worry if the current resident who still stay in that new apartment will return the mails to post office or throw my mail or open my mails.

The bottomline is that I worry almost about everything, and I will keep thinking about it until I am convinced that everything goes smooth.. sigh... I wish I could get rid of this particular habit.

Next....
I hanged out at my friend's apartment, and we browsed some websites to look for puppies. I also accidentally met my college friend who used to live accross my dorm's room back in my freshman years. She was in the middle of conversation w/ her friend, while I was studying her back posture from the window. I wasn't sure if it was her, so I called her name, and yay! I was right!
We chatted for about 5 mins because her fiance waited for her in his truck. I was excited when she told me that she would get married on July 28, 2008. :) Right now, she is living in Madrid, IA, but she is working in Ankeny. I believe she is an editor.. (FYI, she used to work in ISU writing center.. hehehe...)

Last but not least,
We had a dinner at local chinese restaurant and visited my friend's place after that. The boy was still hungry, even though he'd already eaten a full plate of ginger chicken. Luckily, the owner of this apartment recently cooked meatballs soup, so he asked if he could have some... hohohohoho.... I think he is in the growing process.. hehehe...

We then headed home...
:)

No comments: