Friday, June 22, 2007

Stupid Friday Morning

I used to live in the dormitory where I could do my laundry without having to keep coins ($.25) to operate the machine. My dorm has total 12 washers/dryers for both Oak and Elm buildings. Each building has 6 washers and 6 dryers. I only need my ISU card and plenty amount of money on my CyCash account to run the machines.

Now, I live temporarily in small old apartment that only has two washers and two dryers for the entire building. I have to insert coins to operate them, but that's fine with me. The problem comes when I really want to wash my clothes, but I don't have enough coins.

My morning hassle began when I saw small piles of dirty clothes that annoyed me last night, but I had to wait until morning to change my paper moneys with coins.
Thus, I woke up around 7 AM, and the closest store I could go this morning was the store next to CHC. The cashier only had 4 quarters, so I decided to take them. I then walked to the C-store at UDCC, and the cashier luckily had plenty of quarters.. I was happy and excited to wash my clothes.

I thought that my problem has been solved before I learned that the dryer I used didn't work. My clothes were still half wet, and I didn't have enough coins again. I only had 75 cents at that time. Thus, I walked outside to change money and run the dryer again.
About an hour from that, I went downstairs to pick up my laundry. Guess? My clothes are still half wet. I guess the dryer hates me as I hate this machine,too.

Now, I hang all my clothes in my apartment and turn on fan to speed the dry process.
I am happy that I don't have to live in this old building again, even though I haven't found an apartment yet..
Sigh..

Anyway, HappY Friday!

1 comment:

aqu&qamu said...

FYI, intersection hyland & west st., ada laundry area. bs tuker coin disana :)