Monday, January 21, 2008

Not Sure Where I am going---

I am done w/ both the graduate school applications and Golden Key Scholarship submissions. Mid-February is the earliest time I'll get the result, while the GK scholarship won't be announced until July 2008.

Now, in the middle of submitting grad school applications, I got an e-mail from Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh about their internship program (8-12 mths). I almost forgot that I happened to send a lot of applications within Hyatt properties, and I couldn't count how many times they rejected my applications. This time, they actually want to interview me for internship position, and I decide to accept their invitation. I have one full-time job in my hand, so it's not going to hurt me if they don't want to take me. I also want to know how far I can move in terms of the selection process because I haven't done any interviews for past 5 mths. :)

Thus, the phone interview is scheduled this morning, Jan 21 between 10-noon. I ended up half sleepy because I didn't know when they would call me. I thought the HR coordinator would interview me, but it was the Director of Room Operations who called me. He basically explained the program, asked me if I had any preferences (F&Bs or Rooms), and few questions like how I dealt w/ difficult customers. It seems to me that he wants me to know everything in front before he moves to the actual interview. I also asked him if there's any second interview (if I am passed the firs one) and he said yes. He definitely wants to meet and talk to me in person before he makes a decision. Not sure how, but I ended up making a "deal" w/ him before he ended the interview.

The "deal" is that I'm going to meet him on Feb 8 at 2 PM at Hyatt Regency after I told him that I would go to Pittsburgh on February, and if possible, I would like to visit Hyatt Regency. He was curious w/ the purpose of my trip to Pittsburgh, so he asked if I would have any interviews or whatever. I then told him that I would attend the info session at Univ of Pittsburgh on Saturday (Feb 9), and he didn't know that I haven't done any job searchings for a long time. :P

I suddenly feel that my future is not clear again. At the same time, I recognize that God has his own way for me, and I don't know where he will take me. Everything happens so quick that I don't have time to pause or rewind that particular scene. The same thing happened when I moved to a new apartment w/ Syl 7 mths ago. I didn't know where I would go, a little bit hesitated to move to Chicago right away w/ no job offer on hand, and Syl suddenly found a place for both of us. I was thinking to go to culinary school or grad school for Spring 2008, but I got a job offer from shelter. Those life scene happened outside my original plan. I, of course, thanked God for his kindness to me. I also thank him for my days at shelter, my co-workers who spoil me, and the social supports that I received from my professors as well as my best friends here in Ames. My parents' prayers also contribute to what I've been achieved until this time.

My time is ticking, four months from now, my OPT is expired. I will have to leave the United States by July 6, 08. I plan to go home, organize my new bedroom, celebrate my birthday at home, reapply visa for grad school, and etc. Again, I plan everythig in detail, but it seems that I am going to screw up my original plan w/ Hyatt stuff.
Let see how my meeting w/ Hyatt Pittsburgh goes. I can't say much at this time, but I can't deny that I am nervous again.

Okay, that's all I have.
See yaa,,

No comments: