Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2 hours to my work shift--

I complain a lot about my clients at shelter, but I seldom say that I don't want to go to work. This time, I am not in a good mood to go to work, and I really don't want to go there. Funny, unbelievable I guess..

Unfortunately, I need more work hours, so that I can get a time-off. What I mean is I plan to visit up to 3 cities next month, so I have to make sure that I have enough hours to make my holiday. I plan to visit Pittsburgh, New York (if possible), and Chicago from Feb 9-12. That means I need to take a whole day off on Saturday, and I have to make sure that I save a lot of hours during the month of January.
The problem is I am so tempting to take half day off this upcoming Saturday, but I think I shouldn't do that.

Okay, enough for my work and holiday issues. Let's talk about a surprise SMS from my old friend that I got this morning.
My old friend from Singapore sent me messages, asked my opinion about her wedding plan. I don't know why she asks me, but I have to reply her SMS because I am sure she is waiting for my response.
She is a Malaysian who is working in S'pore. I met her when I did my 3 mths training at Le Meridien Hotel, S'pore. Her boyfriend is a Balinese, and they have been dating for about 3.5 years. Her boyfriend used to be a hospitality student like me, and he did a 6 mth training in one of the restaurants in S'pore. They met and have been doing a long distance relationship for about 2 or 3 years. My friend has visited him in Bali couple times, and recently her boyfriend asked her to get married.

It seems that her boyfriend wants her to move to Bali, and this means she needs to change her nationality from Malaysian to Indonesia. Her boyfriend is currently jobless, but he has a new home in Bali. Weird...
Her brother didn't approve her relationship due to different nationality, lack of financial support, and other related issues. Thus, she asked my opinion, or at least, she expected me to give another perspective.

I advised her to postpone her wedding plan for another year. I told her that she and her boyfriend need to save money first, before they get married and have kids. I also informed her that the living expenses in Bali are quite high, so she needs to have at least extra savings for her own life. She hasn't replied my SMS yet, but I hope she could make a wise decision.

I am currently enjoying my single life, but I've been starting to have my own saving account since my senior year at Iowa State because I want to have my own condo ^_^. I felt regret though, because I could have a lot of $$ on my account if I started early. :P

Anyway, I wish her luck, and I have to get ready..

Ciao..

No comments: