Monday, January 14, 2008

Hectic time--

I've just paid my graduation application fee for Univ of Chicago.
I finally made it after chasing my references to submit their recommendation letter and finishing all required essays for past two weeks. It was crazy and almost thought that I wouldn't make it. I then called the university admission department to check if they got everything they needed, and they told me that they haven't made a file for me because I've just paid my application fee today. They advised me to call back by the end of this week, but the dateline is tomorrow.. Hahaha... I don't know how this will go.

I originally didn't intend to apply at Univ of Chicago, but I changed my mind because Chicago would be a great place to work w/ youths and families from different cultures. Thus, I will be able to get in touch w/ different organizations for future practicums or related internship easily. Another consideration is the location that allows me to travel to Ames and convenient international flight.
My best friends and shelter(work place) are still in Ames, so I definitely want to visit them if I have time. I also have couple college friends who currently reside in Chicago, so I can ask them to help me for apartment and other stuff that I don't know.

I will go to Pittsburgh on Feb 8-Feb 10 to attend information session on Feb 9 (Saturday). They have same date and time w/ University of Chicago for info session, but I'll go for Univ of Pittsburgh first and ask for individual visit for Chicago.
I guess I will travel alone this time, but it should be fun. :)
I choose Pittsburgh for personal reason. :) The university is not that bad, their social work program is ranked #16 (US News & Report, while Univ of Chicago is ranked #5.. hahahaha...
However, I probably can graduate w/ distinction or even cumlaude, if I go for Pittsburgh because the ave GPA is 3.5. :)
I guess, I will have to wait the final result. I've been asking God to show me which road He wants me to go. If the final answer is to go home, I will go home-means Indo. It will be hard, but I understand His choice will be the best one. :)

Ok...
talk to you later..

-W-

No comments: