Wednesday, August 22, 2007

To Cook Means To Entertain

I stayed in shelter until 3:45 PM today due to meal preparation. FYI, I am supposed to leave at 3 pm.

One of my co-worker will lead a Mexican Culture group tonight, and she ask if I can serve Mexican food. I then decided to make Enchilada and Southwestern Pasta Salad for them. It took about 1.5 hours to finish two meals plus one additional menu. :)
My co-workers asked how I got cooking skills, so I told them that I studied Hotel and Restaurant w/ a minor in CHild Family Services. I always emphasize my minor because they will wonder why I end up in this field instead of hotel/restaurant field.

As I said on the previous blog, I like my current position because I can cook and interact w/ my clients (adolescence). I also find a pleasure when I cook or bake. :) It helps me to forget my problem, and it is important for me to know whether they like the food or not. Overall, my friends are the best customers I ever had. They will eat any meals that I cook for them, even though the presentation sometimes is not good, they still love it. :)
Thus, I guess I cook to entertain someone else. Hihihihihi....

Some kids and my co-workers passed the kitchen several times to see what I was doing. I found a little bit uncomfortable when they watched me, and I would get distracted if kids walked between kitchen and bathroom because I would automatically check on them. One boy actually banged either his door or window so loud until it rang the central alarm. His room was on the back hallway, close to the kitchen, and I was wondering who did that, but I thought it was another kid who played games in the dining room. I then learned from my co-worker that it was him, and my co-worker said that I should have approached his room. Well, I was careless and felt sorry about that incident.

@@@@@

No comments: