Friday, March 14, 2008

Not again!

Last night, I did an intake for new client (parent placement) and was put in a situation where Mom and Dad weren't on the same page. I wanted to be a neutral person, so I tried my best to respond Dad's complaint, and at the same time, I wanted to respect Mom's decision, too. I finally could end the conversation w/ Dad, and I had to update my co-worker while I finished logging within short amount of time. My roommate was in the parking lot, waited for me, and I didn't want her to wait long. After that, I told myself that I needed to consult w/ my supervisor when she is in the office.

I thought I could go to bed right away, but I didn't because my Mom called me. Well, She texted me, asked if I was available, and I knew that something not right happened, so I led her to call me. We then talked for about 25 minutes, and she ended the phone because my aunt called her. It wasn't a good conversation. I felt overwhelmed throughout the conversation, didn't want to listen, but I had to. She texted me again after she finished talking w/ her sister, and I replied her SMS. She didn't respond after all, and she probably wasn't satisfied w/ my response. Well, I'll see what she is going to say when she calls me this weekend.

Despite all issues I faced both from my own family and client's family, I got pretty good news from one of the graduate schools I applied last time. I submitted my application for COlumbia University School of SOcial WOrk, but I didn't want to submit my latest TOEFL score, so I thought they would drop my application. Last night, I checked my e-mail and saw an e-mail from Columbia. I expected to see "We regret to inform you..." instead, I read "Congratulations, you've been accepted at..."
That was unbelieveable because they finally evaluated my essay, even though I didn't turn in my TOEFL score. I understand that Columbia is a prestigious university, but I am not going to Columbia because they don't offer any scholarships for Master degree student, and the living cost plus tuition is VERY expensive. I can't afford it,and I can't imagine that I am staying in New York. Thus, I will just let that good news sit nicely. I am still happy though! I learn that I have good qualities. this letter will motivate me to keep moving forward, to not give up. I will tell my professors once I heard news from Univ of Chicago. I don't tell my mom because I don't think she is interested in hearing that I am accepted at Columbia University.

No comments: