Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Summer Vacation

After two years away from Indonesia, I finally could go home for vacation. I felt so great!
I met my high school friends, beloved sister, parents, grandparents, and etc. Everything has been changed, like a lot of new places in my hometown, and I saw my friends were changed, too!

Following is my observation about Indonesia including my hometown:
1.Cengkareng is very crowded. It doesn’t look like an international airport. Some people have been complaining about its messiness via newspaper, but it seemed to me that no one cares.
2.The government tries to “kill” all corruptors.
3.Tax, tax, and tax. The government is strict w/ tax collection.
4.Smoke! Almost everyone is smoking.
5.Dirty, as always
6.Malls. Indonesia is not as primitive as foreigners think. We have pretty malls. My friends took me to GI (Grand Indonesia) which is one of the biggest and the most luxury malls in Indonesia. You don’t need to go to S’pore or KL for shopping. You can go to Jakarta for shopping. Tunjungan Plaza III in Surabaya offers branded products like ZARA, LV, and etc. Paragon Mall will open in Semarang, and it is under construction right now.
7.the government promotes “Visit Indonesia 2008”
8.Fancy cars. I saw a lot of nice cars like Lexus, Mercedes Benz, Toyota Harrier, and etc almost everywhere.
9.Skinny, pretty models and movie stars. Skinnier-> better :P
10.Indonesian movies are still up.
11.I hate sinetron. My mom likes to watch “Cinta Fitri” while I think that the drama series aka sinetron look ridiculous.
12.Messy road. Most of the time, I’ll become paranoid when I am inside the car. My sister said that I needed to ride a public bus or mikrolet (bajaj) so that I won’t be afraid when I go out w/ her.
13.Traffic children or a lot of children or beggars on the street.
14.Indonesian food is still delicious.

And still many more….
Last but not least…
I would like to thank my friend, "I" who is kind enough to let me visit her workplace, who wants to sit in the 1st row watching Dark Knight, and who helps me to organize place for small reunion.
I am also grateful for the little gift from E. The piggy is making an annoying sound, but I love it.
Thanks to my sister… who wants to accompany me eating a lot of good food… hahahaha

No comments: