Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Meet a new friend

I met this girl when I was waiting for a shuttle bus that would take us to get around the city. It was a free program from School of Social Work. I thought she is an American, but I learned that she is from Turki. I was a little bit sad at that time because my parents had left for NY that morning, and I felt lonely. In short, everything was not right, and my first thought when I saw her was I could be her friend.

She is a lovely girl, and her bachelor degree is in social work. Yes, she is a social worker in Turki. I think I am the only international student whose background is not from social work. There are two other Koreans and both of them have social work degree from a university in Korea. Isn't that nice? Am I crossing the line too far? I learned about this field when I was in the US and never planned that I would study Social Work. But, my confidence is slowly back, which means I should be all right. No need to worry...

Back to my new friend, I get a feeling that we will have a good friendship, and I'm excited. I miss my friends in Ames, miss them so bad, but I can't go back. Well,,, let's keep this for myself.

Anyway, I am glad that I meet her.

No comments: